Privacy is an important factor in this modern age of life as more personal information is stored on computers or mobile devices. One device though, keeps a lot of information about its owner, and that is the smartphone. Just think of this: it knows your contacts, your messages, your email accounts, your location and your financial state or credit card information.
Android users can look towards certain privacy apps that will control the amount of information that their phone is sending to various sources as well as block sensitive information or apps. We still expect Android to have on official tool that could help us to protect our privacy, but until then, we’ll have to make do with apps available in the Play Store.
How to protect your privacy :
There are lots of Android privacy apps that users can install on their devices to up their security by a notch. For beginers, there are some services that allow you to see exactly what information each app has access to, and these services will notify you when you install an app that has been flagged in the database. There are specialized apps that you can use in order to protect your privacy, and today we’ll be taking a look at some of them.
App blockers can also be implemented to better your Android device’s privacy. They do just what the name suggests, and that is to block certain apps from sending information from your device. If you wish to have a fully protected device, then you have to use more than one Android privacy app, as each of them has a role and is best in certain cases. Even having a decent Android Firewall app can be useful sometimes.
Best 13 Android apps to safeguard your privacy
Security apps developed by these well known companies that have provided antivirus and firewall software for computer in the last 10 or more years will provide Android users with a host of features that will protect their devices, as well as great privacy security options.
- Lookout Security & Antivirus( Free ) -> This antivirus app will scan every other app on your device and alerts you if something is wrong. It also provides other features such as backup or firewall.
- Norton Security Antivirus( Free ) ->As far as I know, Norton has been all around and all of its security programs were top notch. The Norton security app for Android is no exception.
- Webroot Security & Antivirus( Free ) -> Having a secure smartphone means to scan apps as well as possibility to scan web pages or block numbers. These features and many others are provided by Webroot.
- NQ Mobile Security & Antivirus ( Free ) -> Offering a very well designed android privacy advisor, as well as other security features, NQ Mobile Security is a must have NQ is the best option for those who wants to keep their smartphones safe.
- McAfee Antivirus & Security( Free ) -> McAfee is another well known name in the field of security software. It offers Android users a host of protection features for their devices, including backup and remote wipe.
- BitdefenderClueful Privacy Advisor( Free ) ->Bitdefender has evolved a great deal in the last few years, and apps like Clueful Privacy Advisor stand witness to this rise. If you have privacy issues, then you can try this app and see how good it works.
- TrustGo Antivirus & Mobile Security( Free ) ->Trustgo is also one of the best powerful Android security apps you can use. It ensures high level of privacy for your device, as it scans all the apps installed and gives you warning message when an app is not safe.
- AVG Mobile Antivirus Security PRO( Paid ) -> AVG offers users a fairly good privacy advisor, as well as other features that enhance the security of the user’s Android device.
- Privacy Master – Free App Lock( Free ) -> This app will allow you to set a PIN for accessing them as apps like email, galley or other similar ones hold sensitive information and a good app blocker is required to restrict access to them.
- Applock Master ( Free ) ->Applock Master allows users to lock any app they choose with a PIN or pattern, so when the locked apps are accessed, they require the users to unlock them. It keeps information stored within the apps safe.
- APP Lock( Free) -> APP Lock is a great way to secure your installed apps which have access to personal information. You can lock apps via pattern or PIN with only a few taps.
- Smart AppLock( App Protector ) ( Free ) -> If the problems with recent updats, LBE is a pretty good Android privacy app that users should consider using. We’re sure the developers will quickly address all the issues from the latest updates.
- LBE Privacy Guard ( Free ) – > LBE is a pretty good Android privacy app that users should consider using if the app had a few problems with recent updates. We’re sure the developers will quickly address all the issues from the latest updates.
With these apps you will be able to keep your Android smartphone safe, and the information contained by it will only be available to you. Also there are other apps that might be in use, such as a few Android apps to hide files and photos, which can come in handy at times, or an app like SeekDroid, that will allow you to remotely locate or wipe your phone if it is stolen or lost.
Release ID: 993