A new Update for Motorola Defy has been released with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. In this course article we would checking about how you can update your phone with the latest ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. This is not an official update from Motorola, but still good enough to use. This update is one of the stable updates with better enhancement, better features and overall stability. Since its still in the beta stages, there may be some bugs. Developers are working on it.
How to Update Motorola Defy with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Motorola Defy phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Turn off all security programs in your PC like firewall and antivirus.
- Download the ICS Package for Motorola Defy
- Google Apps package
1. Connect the phone to the computer with the help of original USB Cable.
2. Copy the above downloaded files in your phone; ensure that you are not placing these two files deep into the device.
3. Once copied, remove the phone connected from computer.
4. Turn Off the device so that the device in the recovery mode. How*- by Pressing hold Volume Down button and press the Power button to turn ON the device.
5. Now, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > ICS Firmware Package and then Google Apps in the same order.
6. It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for the update to be applied and once it’s applied successfully, the device will land back to the recovery mode screen.
7. Now, in recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” which will restart the Motorola Defy.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Release ID: 1372