HTC Vivid has got latest Android ICS 4.0.3 firmware for their devices. But, AT&T has announced that there is no officially update being rolled out yet. All thanks goes to XDA Developer “Pirateghost” that have made possible for this firmware, we don’t have to wait for ICS. Forums have successfully manually upgraded their HTC Vivid handsets by using a simple procedure. The ROM comes pre-rooted, including the Sense 3.6 overlay and AT&T Apps as well. Let’s move to the procedure.
How to install Android 4.0.3 ICS Update with CWM Recovery on HTC Vivid:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Download the Rooted Stock Firmware on your computer
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- First, transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone and reboot into CWM Recovery. How*-By pressing and hold Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once you’re on the recovery screen, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then confirm.
- Same perform “wipe cache partition” and then “wipe dalvik cache” from the advanced menu.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Confirm the installation, and wait for few minutes till the completion. Please don’t panic!
- Now, Go back and select “reboot system now”. You
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Release ID: 1359