Today every one of you must be fully aware Android platform as the first Android phone was launched in 2008 and today most of us use an Android phone. Android OS is still a primary operating system for mobile devices, smart TVs, in-vehicle entertainment systems and some of the small computers like the Raspberry Pi. Android OS on your PC will be very useful as it has vast apps store. BlueStacks is an Android app that will allow you to run various Android apps in full screen mode in your PC. If you want to run Android operating system on your Windows computer completely, then the solution for your problem is emulation. Windows Android is an Android emulator which will allow you to do similarly. It will give you full Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich experience within Windows with apps, widgets and settings.
You can run Android on your windows simply by using the official Android emulator which comes with the Android SDK, its installation process needs quite some configuration so as to begin. But let me tell you that the experience it offers is quite slow on most computers. WindowsAndroid will offer much snappier experience along with some pre-installed apps and allows you to add more to the system. Let me inform you that Play Store is not supported and apps are pushed to the system through a secondary method.
How to Run Android Ice Cream Sandwich on Your PC with Windows Android:
1. So to begin with when you run the app the familiar ICS lock screen pops up, Grab the lock with your mouse and drag it to the edge of the circle to unlock the OS. When you are unlocked then directly move to the home screen as it appears on Android tablets, the clock in the center and app drawer on the top-right.
2. Then you have to click and drag the mouse left and right to switch between the home screens same as the default ICS home screen on your Android phone or tablet, you have total 5 home screens with few shortcuts and widgets added to them.
3. While you are pressing the home button opens up the list of all the installed apps and widgets, pre installed apps include browser, calculator, calendar, gallery, settings and the usual lot you get on Android. Though Google apps like Play Store, Gmail, Play Music and many more. The Widgets button at the top lets you browse the available widgets and place them on the home screen.
4. Some of the custom apps can be installed by placing their apks in the data/app folder of the directory where WindowsAndroid is installed. If you place the Apk in that folder it will automatically install the apps and next you have to do is o restart the application once for them to get loaded.
5. The app is in its early stage at this moment as have crasded a lot of time. the speed benefits it offers over the official Android emulator make it very promising if developer can solve the stability issues.
Release ID: 1302