HTC Desire HD is now powered with Gingerbread 2.3, knon as HD Custom Rom. This is not an official firmware version from HTC, but it’s still quite stable firmware version of Gingerbread 2.3 with Sense UI 3.0. This Rom comes on Beta release from developers. HTC Desire HD comes with Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo), upgradable to v2.3 and 1 GHz Scorpion Processor. It has 4.3 inches WVGA, TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 480 x 800 pixels resolution. HTC Desire HD has 8 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash plus Video recording at 720p. The phone has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA 2 Mbps. Still developers are on work for ICS firmware release for this device. Soon we would check out but first see how to Update HTC Desire HD with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM firmware.
How to Update HTC Desire HD with Android Revolution HD Custom ROM firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
Features & Enhancements:
- All system applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Device partitions mounted & formatted as fast EXT4 file system instead of EXT3
- SD card EXT4 partition support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Andreno200 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions – Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- SD Card speed tweak
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
- Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
- A lot of themes made for my ROM & plenty of extras like Advanced Power Menu or CRT in the second post
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging). USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Download the Android Revolution HD Custom ROM firmware Package
- Turn off all security applications on your PC.
1. Connect your phone to the pc with the help of USB cable.
2. Then transfer the above downloaded .Zip file into your root directory of your SD card.
3. After this disconnect your phone from PC.
4. Turn Off your phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode. How*- by pressing the Volume down button and then pressing the Power button after which the recovery screen will be shown.
5. In the recovery mode, select the option of “Clear Storage” which will clear off all the cache data.
6. After this you need to select the option of “install zip from SD Card” and select “Choose zip from SD Card” which you have placed in the device.
7. Once the device has been updated successfully, the device will again get back to the recovery mode screen. In recovery mode, you need to select the option”Go back” and choose the option of “Reboot System now” to reboot the phone.
Release ID: 1368