It is not uncommon to accidentally erased, and finally, files from a disk or memory card. In fact, the file is not necessarily lost, and several software can retrieve it with varying degrees of success. Many free programs to restore the files there that can help you to recover accidentally deleted files. These programs can restore files to help you “recover” the files on your computer.
The files that you deleted, and then recently deleted from your basket, often still present on your hard drive (or USB-drive or memory card, etc.) and can be restored with the help of free software for file recovery .
Important: You can greatly increase the chances of file recovery by minimizing the use of a computer as soon as possible. Your first step should be to install a free program to restore files.
Recover files that you thought were gone forever with any of these free utilities to restore files:
1. Piriform Recuva
Recuva is the best free software for recovering files available, hands down. It is very easy to use, but has many optional extra features as well. Recuva can recover files from hard drives, external drives (USB-disks, etc.) and memory cards. Recuva can even restore files from your IPod!
Recuva will recover your files in Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008/2003, and older versions of Windows, as 2000, NT, ME and 98. 64-bit versions of Windows are also supported. There are also 64-bit version of Recuva is available.
Piriform provides both installed and portable version of Recuva. I tested the restore files with Recuva, using them as a portable version of Windows 7. Cancel to delete files with Recuva is as simple as removing one. I highly recommend you try Recuva First, if you need to restore the file.
- Undelete files on your computer
- Recovery from damaged or formatted disks
- Recover deleted e-mail
- Recover deleted iPod tracks
- Restore unsaved Word documentation
- Quick-Start Wizard
- Deep Scan
- Securely delete files you want to erase forever
- Portable version
- Full Windows OS support and many languages
2. Pandora Recovery:
Pandora Recovery is another excellent free file recovery software. It’s super easy to use and has the best craftsmen to help you recover files that I’ve seen in any application to restore files.
More advanced “Surface Scan” is available in Pandora Recovery, which is to recover more files than a standard search until they are a popular format.
Pandora Recovery will recover files from hard drives, memory cards, etc. Almost everything that stores files that you can also connect to a computer should be supported.
Pandora Recovery lists support for Windows Vista, XP, Server 2003, and 2000, but it worked well for me in Windows 7.
You will need to install the Pandora Recovery on hard disk, which is the main reason I have not ranked it higher than some other file recovery tool.
- Surface (cluster) scan
- Recover Archived, Hidden, Encrypted, Compressed files
- Recover Alternate Data Streams (ADS)
- Recover Images, Documents, Movies, or any other type of files
- Restoration success estimate
- Review File characteristics and Drive properties
- Retrieve to Local Hard Drive, Network Drive, or Flash Drive
- Recognizes FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and NTFS/EFS
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2000
- Wizards, hints and context-sensitive help
3. Glary Undelete:
Glary Undelete is an excellent freeware file recovery. It ‘very easy to use and has one of the best user interfaces I’ve ever seen. The major advantages in Glary Undelete include the simple view of the “Folders”, a Windows Explorer-style view of recoverable files, and an important indication “state” for each file, which suggests a likely recovery of files will be successful.
A disadvantage of Glary Undelete is that the installation is necessary before using it and asks you to install a toolbar, which you can of course decline. Besides these facts, Glary Undelete is top notch.
Glary Undelete can recover files from hard disks and other removable media would be included memory cards, USB drives, etc. Glary Undelete is said to work on Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, NT, ME, 98 and 95 but I had no problem with the recovery of files in Windows 7.
- Supports FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS EFS file systems
- Supports recovery of compressed, fragmented and encrypted files on NTFS
- Supports Basic and Dynamic Volumes
- Undelete files on removable devices (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, etc.)
- Filter by file name, file date, size, recovery state
- Supports Windows XP/ VISTA / 2003 Server Operating Systems
4. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition:
EASEUS Deleted File Recovery is another great program for file recovery. Recovery of files is very easy to do with a few clicks. My favorite aspect of EASEUS Deleted File Recovery is that the user interface is structured very similar to Windows Explorer. Although it may not be the ideal way to display all the files, it is a very familiar interface that many people are at ease.
EASEUS Deleted File Recovery will recover files from hard drives, optical drives, memory cards, and anything else that Windows sees it as a storage device. Recover deleted files supports Windows Vista, XP, Server 2003 and 2000.
- Support Windows 7 SP1/Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Specify file types for faster recovery
- Save previous searching results
- Recover deleted files from formatted partitions with original file titles and storage paths
- Recover deleted files from lost/deleted partitions
- Recover deleted files from dynamic disks
TestDisk is a utility for recovering lost or damaged data (eg by viruses). It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally erasing your Partition Table). It can even repair the corrupted partition tables. The application recognizes more than a dozen file systems including FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, IBM Multiboot, NSS, etc.. Complementary tool to TestDisk, PhotoRec facilitates the recovery of video files, documents, images and records, even if the media is corrupt, it is a USB drive, memory card for camera, a hard drive, partition, etc.
Release ID: 2133