Device manufacturing companies load their Android phones with their own apps and other suites. If these apps and suites are not used, they clutter your system and sometimes in the background, which leads in draining resources. You can get rid of all these problems, by taking control of your device and by stopping these Pre-Installed bloatwares. Below in this article we will suggest you on how can you disable these bloatwares – also known as “Freezing”. It is a safer process than uninstalling the bloatware completely which leads into many problems and instability of your system.
Difference between uninstalling and Freezing:
Uninstalling an app from your device will permanently remove it. It’s not a bad idea but, it’s not possible to get many of these pre-installed apps from the Play Store if you need them again in future. Also, uninstalling some of the pre-installed apps may result in problems and instability with your system.
One of the options available with you is “Freezing” the unused apps instead of uninstalling them. A frozen app is completely disabled; moreover it won’t appear in your app drawer and also it won’t automatically start in the background. A frozen app cannot run anyway until you “Unfreeze” it. Freezing and unfreezing are instant processes, so it’s easy to undo your changes if you end up freezing a necessary app.
If you really want to uninstall any app, you should freeze them and assume for few days to ensure that your device works properly without them and then proceed with uninstalling the same.
Uninstalling or Freezing pre-installed bloatware apps are possible without root access of your device and third-party app managers. Try and rejoice, solving your grave problems.
One such app manager is Gemini App manager, about which we will recommend our readers to use it, as it will help you to freeze your apps as and when required.
Essential Pre-Requisites before installing Gemini App Manager :
- The below mentioned methods and procedures should only be applied to devices running on Android platforms.
- Your device should have at least 70% of charge with it, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential data’s on your phone, so as to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Gemini App Manager.
How to Use Gemini App Manager on your Android device:
- Launch the downloaded file of Gemini App Manager and then tap the Menu button.
- Now, tap More in the menu and select Expert Mode.
- Next, navigate through the apps you will see apps you have installed and normally are hidden system apps. If you disable any important system app it will lead to serious problems. So, be careful about what you freeze – of course, you can always unfreeze apps later.
- You can speed things up by tapping the filter packages button and selecting of system files. This will display the pre-installed system apps.
- Now, locate the app you want to freeze and long-press it to view the menu.
- Next, tap the Block App in the Menu.
- Further, the Superuser app will prompt you to allow the root access so Gemini App Manager can continue.
- Gemini App Manager will disable the app instantly; you will see a lock icon below the app which indicates that it’s disabled. For re-enabling (unfreeze) an app by long-pressing it and then tap the “Unlock App” option.
- The app will now be disabled completely. Further you won’t see it in the menus and also it won’t run in the background.
Share your though with us and let us know if face any trouble, we will resolve the same.
Release ID: 2109