HTC One X has been launched a few weeks ago. It is a flagship phone of HTC. It features a powerful Tegra 3 quad-core CPU which is available on devices that are non-LTE, while the ones that are sold in the US and other countries with LTE technology are using the dual-core Snapdragon S4 CPU. AT&T has officially announced that its bootloader cannot be unlocked. But, geniuses in the custom Android development world have unofficially unlocked the bootloader of this phone. Unlocking the bootloader is necessary to be able to install custom ROMs and hacks on the device, as a result lots of users were unhappy with AT&T’s decision but thanks to Paul O’Brien from MoDaCo for releasing this unofficial unlocker process. So, if you want unlock the bootloader on your AT&T One X, just head over to the procedure mentioned below. Go through the whole process carefully or you may brick your device. You need to unlock the bootloader on your AT&T One X after that you can flash the CWM recovery.
Warning: All the below mentioned process are not beginners as following them may lead in bricking of your device, for which neither developer nor we should be held responsible. It is unlikely of their being issues but if at all there are any we will help you out in resolving the same.
- The following process is only for the users who own AT&T HTC One X.
- Your phone should have at least 70% of charge with it, so that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Backup all your essential data on the phone as these may be lost after the process followed. Also Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall them too from your device, as these generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Note N7000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Download the recovery package from – HERE. And unzip the same on your PC.
Procedure To Install CWM Recovery On Your AT&T One X:
1. Connect your phone to Computer. Drag down the status/notification bar on the device, and click on USB Connection type then select charge only.
2. Now, open the folder where you have stored the unzipped file, and open the install.bat file by double-clicking on it to start flashing recovery.
3. Your phone will reboot after few minutes and then the CWM recovery will be installed on your AT&T One X.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed the latest CWM recovery on your AT&T One X. Share with us if you have any issues and we will try to resolve the same.
Release ID: 1938